Preflaring and intentionally relocating the coronal most aspect of the canal is a strategic decision that will influence all subsequent steps of treatment. Preflaring the coronal one-third of a canal is especially important in the clinical situation where the handle of the initially placed file is not aligned with the long axis of a tooth.
In this Just-In-Time segment, topics include:
- Concepts and strategies for success
- Assessing ON vs. OFF axis
- Implementing the X-Gates
- Refining with gates gliddens
- Utilizing the ProTaper SX file
- Advantages of straightline access